Out of Home Competition
The next Out of Home Competition will be Wednesday, Feb. 26th @ 5:30 at the Pond House Cafe in West Hartford
Thanks to the generosity of sponsor Wilkins Media, the event is free to all AD Club CT members & beyond on a first come, first serve basis.
This year’s theme: mental health awareness.
Here’s a resource to get you going:
*Designs don’t have to drive to or reference a specific organization.
All entries must be 7” high x 24” wide (Scale ½” = 1’) mounted on 9” x 26” black mat board. Each entry MUST include an entry form attached to the back (available here). Nothing identifying the agency/artist should appear on the front.
All entries must be created solely for this competition and become the property of Ad Club CT. All stock photography must be high resolution, be paid for by the contestant and be available for use on digital billboards.
- Keep text to a minimum. A good general rule to keep in mind is seven words or less. Many of the most memorable outdoor ads have no words at all!
- Type must be large and heavy enough to be seen at a distance, but not too thick, dark or closed to be read from far away.
- Make sure that there is adequate color contrast with between type and other elements and the background they are placed against, so that objects and text are discernable from a distance.
- Choose large, bold, uncomplicated visuals that are simple enough to be interpreted quickly and/or from far away.
- Make use of ALL your space; don’t crowd your ad, but use available “negative space” to make the few elements you are using as big and bold as possible.
- The best outdoor ads use just three elements – comprised of information and/or imagery – or less.
Entry is free to all and you can submit as many entries as you’d like.
The first place winner receives $150 cash & will have their design displayed on digital and/or printed billboards throughout the state.
Entry / Submission Registration
Register to enter or attend below. If you register to enter, you will be registered to attend automatically.
Free to all members on a first come, first serve basis.
Pond House Cafe, 1555 Asylum Ave, West Hartford, CT 06117
Here’s a peak @ our last Out of Home Competition: