Senior Copy Writer
country. The Hartford’s is no different. We’re in need of a senior copywriter who knows great work when they see it, knows how to create it, and gets the strategies needed make it possible. So if you’ve got a great book and an equally great attitude you just might be the copywriter our team needs.
We know what you might be thinking – but insurance is actually pretty cool. Especially from where we sit. And you’ll have a wide range of work opportunities to allow you to flex your creative muscle – keeping things interesting and fun.
You must be a passionate, proactive creative who’s ready, willing and able to work on a variety of projects – from videos and collateral to print and digital ads – finding the creative opportunity in every project big or small.
It’s all about the ideas – the kind that work hard, not just win awards. And to get there you immerse yourself in the project, asking smart questions along the way.
Collaboration is the name of the game . You should work well with others – not only inspiring ideas in yourself, but also doing the same for your creative partners.
Deadlines matter – and you’ll work with a range of them here, from plenty of time to we need it yesterday and everything in between.
You’re Ready, Willing And Able To
- Partner with art director and/or designer to develop on-strategy, on-brand concepts and copy and scripts
- Participate in input sessions, asking insightful questions to help uncover brilliant ideas
- Present your ideas to creative leadership, manage feedback and deliver great work
- Work through strategic challenges that could benefit from your experience and insights
- Stay connected to your work to ensure a flawless finish
- Provide copywriting support for a range of clients and project types
- Ensure that your work is on brand, on strategy and on time
- Follow our brand guidelines and leverage them to build our brand
- Stay immersed in trends within the world of marketing communications and share with the team as you see fit
Team Skills Are a Must And Include
- Demonstrating reliability, communicating constructively and being an active listener
- Treating others in a respectful, supportive and professional manner
- Being an active participant who willingly and openly,
cooperates and pitches in to help
- Exhibiting flexibility, participating as a problem-solver
- Demonstrating commitment to the team
- Partnering with the creative team members and account service to deliver great work driven by great insights
- Willingness to ask others for their expertise and help
- Please include a link to your portfolio/website on your resume
- Conceptual abilities are a must
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Highly developed critical thinking skills
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience at an external agency or in-house agency required
- Prior experience developing video, print and digital advertising and collateral
- Understands the nuances when writing different media and audience types
- Actively learns new techniques to be more proficient in your persuasion skills
- Clearly and effectively communicates and presents ideas and work
- Respectively clarifies direction from the creative director, creative group head or account team to help understand strategies or fill information gaps
- Reviews the creative briefs to ensure full understanding of the objectives
- Is pragmatic with creative executions always keeping an eye on the objectives of the assignment
- Maintains accuracy and always delivers on time
- Able to challenge conventional copy approaches with new tactics and innovative executions
Equal Opportunity Employer / Females / Minorities / Veterans / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Expression / Religion / Age
Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Jan 9, 2020, 8:02:53 AM
Remote Worker Option
You can learn more HERE