Full-Time Teaching Faculty: Advertising and Integrated Communications, Quinnipiac University, Hamden
The Department of Strategic Communication at Quinnipiac University is seeking a full-time teaching (non-tenure track, open rank) faculty member in Advertising and Integrated Communications to begin in August 2019. The department seeks a colleague with a strong commitment to innovative teaching and student success. Advertising and Integrated Communications is a booming degree program integrating the skills and knowledge of advertising, design, and content creation.
About the School:
We balance hands-on skills training with instruction in the liberal arts to prepare students for exciting and rewarding careers in advertising and integrated communications; communications/media studies; film, television and media arts; graphic and interactive design; journalism; and public relations. Our faculty includes award-winning professionals and internationally recognized scholars with extensive experience in their fields. We maintain a portfolio of more than 5,000 local, regional, national and international employers to connect with, and our student media organizations provide multiple opportunities for real-world learning experiences.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
- Effectively teach in the areas of Advertising and Integrated Communications at the introductory and undergraduate capstone level
- Ability to teach a variety of creative and experiential courses in advertising
- Our current offerings include: Principles of Advertising and Integrated Communications, Strategies for Social Media, Media Planning, Branding Strategies and our capstone Campaigns course
- Teaching is the primary duty of teaching faculty (4-4 teaching load per year)
- Continuing professional development and contributions to the University are expected (e.g. advising, curriculum development, service to department, school, and university)
- Master’s degree in communications or a related field required
- Previous teaching and significant professional experience in advertising required
- Strong creative background with the ability to bring innovation and technical skills to our new and growing program
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Committed to excellence in teaching
- Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include:
- A cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the role
- A curriculum vitae and a description of previous teaching experience
- Contact information for three references included on the application form
Consideration of candidates will begin November 26th, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You can learn more/apply HERE.