November 8: Out Of Home Competition

Home / Events / November 8: Out Of Home Competition

Mark your calendars! The 2017 Out of Home Competition will be Wednesday, November 8 at 5:30 PM at the Pond House Cafe in West Hartford. Thanks to the generosity of sponsor Wilkins Media, the event is free to all AD Club CT members on a first come, first serve basis. This year’s theme is bone marrow testing.

 

Here are a few stats on bone marrow transplants that underscore the incredible impact bone donors can make. Bone marrow testing can be the first step towards saving a life.

*  In 2016, approximately 14,000 people were in need of a marrow transplant from a non-related donor

*  Each year, about 3,000 people die from a blood cancer because they can’t find a marrow donor

*  Bone marrow or stem cells can’t be created artificially – only a living person can donate

*  Only 30% of those needing a marrow transplant have a match within their family – the remaining 70% have to turn to the international registry to try to find a donor

*  Patients in minority groups have a less than 50% chance of finding a marrow donor

*  Donors between the ages of 18 and 44 are most desired by doctors

*  Once entered into the registry, a person’s chances of being a match and having the chance to save a life are 1 in 430

 

Register to enter or attend below. If you register to enter, you will be registered to attend automatically.

Entry is free to all and you can submit as many entries as you’d like.  The first place winner receives $150 cash, will have their design displayed on digital billboards throughout the state, and will automatically be entered into next year’s awards competition (at no charge). 

Entry Registration

Attendee Registration:

Wednesday, November 8, 5:30 PM

Pond House Cafe, 1555 Asylum Ave, West Hartford, CT 06117

Free to all members on a first come, first serve basis