Reports to one or more of the following: Brand Director (BD), Associate Director of Brand Management, Director, Brand Strategy and Management
May supervise one or more of the following: Brand Management Intern, Associate Brand Manager (ABM), Brand Manager (BM), Senior Brand Manager (SBM).
The Brand Supervisor (BS) oversees and leads all day-to-day Client account activity, ensuring the agency provides a consistently superior product. The BS functions as a valued partner to the Client and plays a key role in bigger strategic and planning related discussions and recommendations. The BS also manages and grows account income and profitability.
In general, most of the time will be spent in the following responsibilities:
The BS will have direct Client contact with agency Clients, including a growing level of interaction with more senior level contacts on the Client side.
Planning & Brand Management
The BS must have a strong handle on the Client’s brand and the strategic vision for designated accounts and ensure all work delivers on it.
- Have a strong command of Client’s business/brand strategy.
- Maintain a current grasp on the competitive landscape and category trends and think about and prepare recommendations on how to apply them.
- Work with supervisor(s) and other team members to help drive strategic planning efforts (annually and throughout the year as appropriate), leveraging appropriate agency resources to bring smart brand insights to Clients.
The BS ensures Clients receive the highest level of service and strong relationships are developed and nurtured.
- Develop and cultivate strong, trusted, respected relationships with internal team members and client contacts, including senior leaders within the agency and senior management on the Client side.
- Help foster a positive internal team environment and overall Client/Agency relationship.
- Maintain regular client contact, including ensuring appropriate level of in-person meetings.
- Identify opportunities to deepen Client relationships and work with supervisor(s) to act on them.
- Look for ways to connect with, sell and inspire all Client/Agency team members.
- Look for and work with supervisor(s) to act upon opportunities to deepen existing Client relationships.
- Maximize opportunities to integrate appropriate Cronin disciplines to the greatest advantage of Clients.
- Identify opportunities to develop award-winning, creatively and digitally centric work and champion those efforts.
The BS ensures all projects are created at a consistently superior level.
- Supervise Client initiatives & develop appropriate action plans.
- Ensure all projects are completed flawlessly from start to finish, agency procedures are followed, and the account service bar is set high overall.
- Reponses to Client & internal inquiries happen ASAP; same day with Client, ideally within one business day internally.
- Established Agency process is adhered to including new Brand Management/Project Management roles, and proper development and use of job trafficking, creative briefing, meeting agendas (internal & Client), and other Client documentation (meeting reports, regular status reports, budget summaries, talent residual summaries, etc.)
- Inspirational creative briefs are developed, and a high level of insight and value are delivered to the creative process.
- All meetings (internal and Client) are organized, clear and actionable, and that proper preparation has been done in advance.
- Timely, clear and accurate updates and direction is provided to interdisciplinary teams (i.e. production, media, PR, interactive, creative, finance).
- All necessary records for assigned accounts are easily accessible for anyone within the Agency at all times; established server structure is followed.
- All aspects of the agency’s “product” are thoroughly proofed prior to client presentation (i.e. all daily correspondence, communications plans, creative concepts, media plans, results reports, etc.) to ensure it is on strategy, accurate and on time.
- Be a clear and effective communicator – written, verbal and in presentations.
- Work with other disciplines to set program metrics, evaluate program results and develop appropriate summaries/recommendations.
- Manage up: Keep supervisor(s) informed as appropriate.
- Responsible for fiscal management on designated accounts.
- Help lead Client budget discussions; confirmation of available funding, etc. Help facilitate yearly contract discussions.
- Oversee and manage ongoing estimating, invoicing and budget reporting on designated accounts ensuring overall accuracy and timely delivery to Clients. Ensure estimates are revised as necessary, as soon as scope of work or budget changes.
- Develop quarterly income forecasts for designated accounts and provide to supervisor(s). Also provide any major income implications ongoing as they arise.
- Maximize income and profitability on designated accounts.
- Complete timesheets ideally daily, at least weekly.
Personnel and Training
Supervise and train more junior account service staff as appropriate, leading by example and providing solid guidance and mentorship.
- Ensure successful adherence to department and agency best practices.
- Provide staff recommendations and updates on performance to supervisor(s).
As a senior member at the agency, the BS should be a positive force within the agency.
- Promote Agency’s positioning and advance the Agency goal of becoming as creatively and digitally centric as possible, and delivering work quicker/smarter/cheaper.
- Lead by example; demonstrate the Agency’s superior Brand Management standards.
- Champion the Brand Management team and strive to keep the bar high for the department’s work and reputation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other agency departments.
- Continue to champion and foster agency integration. Identify opportunities to improve internal systems and relationships.
- Champion the agency’s work.
- Own any additional duties/responsibilities as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Cultivate knowledge of Agency’s cross discipline offerings.
- Help foster overall positive department and Agency morale.
In addition, the position involves other duties such as:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
KEY PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- High client satisfaction. Client:
- Has strong trust in Agency, and BS in particular, and places high value on overall Client/Agency partnership and the work the Agency produces.
- Views agency as creatively and digitally centric.
- Views agency as providing things smart/fast/good value.
- Positive internal environment and confidence as lead team member.
- Smooth and efficient internal operations/process; agency process is followed, information/communications at large are complete, timely, and accurate.
- High trust in account service team as agency lead.
- Consistent individual and team productivity and efficiency.
- Financial success.
- Client meets, ideally exceeds goals.
- Agreed upon Client scope of work meets agency profitability goals.
- New Client work is secured.
- BA/BS in relevant discipline.
- 8+ years marketing/advertising experience; ideally at least 3 with an advertising agency.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Advanced PC skills (Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; verbal, written, presenting.
- Impeccable organizational skills. Thrives in a fast paced environment. Great at managing details and multiple things at once.
- Financial management expertise.
- Resourceful; problem solver who thinks about and asks smart questions.
- Ongoing and growing knowledge of digital communications toolbox.
**This is an exempt position.
Forward your resume to — Human Resources, Cronin and Company, LLC, 50 Nye Road, Glastonbury, CT 06033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org using the Apply Now button below. Cronin and Company is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.