Clarus Commerce, located in Rocky Hill, CT, has an immediate need for an experienced Creative Director to lead a talented team of creative individuals and make great ideas come to life. You will be responsible for the development and execution of all online and offline creative needs of the business. Our B2B2C business model requires brand management and creative execution for our corporate brand (Clarus Commerce), our owned and operated consumer products (FreeShipping.com, Shop Smarter, etc) as well as many consumer products branded for our custom loyalty clients. The role will need a working understanding of digital media, including web, mobile and UX design, as well as knowledge of print media and how to design around direct marketing principles.
• Coach, motivate and set the direction a group of talented creative minds.
• Split your time between people management and project participation/strategy where you set the direction as well as make your skills available to the project as any other team member.
• Help raise the bar on innovative, efficient and creative solutions by being present, motivating and challenging to your team.
• Deliver concepts, pitches and final executions based on strategy, research and strong insights.
• Develop a vision, quickly bring concepts to life, then iterate and refine them as you gather and factor in customer and business requirements.
• The ideal candidate will have a deep portfolio that demonstrates creative excellence in bringing major brands and products to life.
• Effectively develop cross functional relationships with product, sales, client management and marketing teams to develop creative executions.
• Own, develop and evangelize brand personality and purpose
• Create engaging high-end design and concept work that is highly intuitive for a variety of sales, product and marketing projects.
• Work with all levels of the organization to build features from scratch, including the conceptual work, sketching, wire framing and initial technical design.
• Understand and follow the latest design techniques and apply to the product and marketing as necessary
• Creates style, design and branding guidelines for our products and marketing initiatives.
• Work with the sales department to deliver custom, client-specific designs for sales meetings and presentations.
• Organize and manage the workflow of the department to ensure day-to-day tactical items are executed on and strategic high impact work is developed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
• 10+ years of experience of proven work experience with at least 3+ years of leadership experience, allowing you to lead through leaders
• Previous experience working in an advertising/marketing agency or internal corporate agency is highly preferred
• Strong people management skills with an adaptive personality and an open-minded and collaborative approach who can easily work with all levels.
• Have strong bias for action in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated experience managing creative processes through internal teams and freelancers.
• Exceptional communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
• Experience working in a variety of media, including print, digital, mobile, and a working knowledge of HTML and development.
• Proficient on both Mac & PC in business and design software and tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint & Excel, Project management tools including Basecamp and WorkFront (AtTask)
• Strong understanding of direct marketing concepts and skills
• Strong understanding of the web development process
• Organization, attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness.
• Professionalism and ability to function appropriately and productively in stressful situations.
• Skilled at juggling various responsibilities, prioritizing, and thriving in a dynamic, fast paced environment
About Clarus Commerce
Clarus Commerce is an Internet marketing and technology company specializing in the design, development, and implementation of loyalty and direct-to-consumer programs. Our mission is to build innovative programs that consumers find absolutely essential — and fun to use. We have a team of smart and talented folks who have tons of energy, like to work together, and enjoy being in an environment where their work is rewarding. So, if you’re naturally curious and love to learn something new every day, this is where you want to be.
www.claruscommerce.com — www.freeshipping.com — www.travelplus.com – www.returnsaver.com– www.deliverydeals.co.uk – www.shopsmarter.com